compensation: Commensurate with Experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
The Village Bakery & Café is a growing restaurant concept and part of the independently owned Two For Seven restaurant group in Rochester, NY. The opportunity for a Baker requires a person of good character, with a passion for bread baking, and strong leadership skills. Candidates will work directly with the Head Baker.
Our products are hand-made daily with only the best ingredients, and natural starters. No added preservatives. We strive to source our natural ingredients locally from like-minded farmers and growers, primarily from the greater Finger Lakes region. This is a great opportunity for an energetic go-getter that really wants to make their mark. Applicants must be friendly, motivated and diligent in their work.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare a wide variety of our breads according to established recipes
- Prepare equipment for baking
- Scaling, Mixing, Shaping, Scoring & Baking Bread
- Measure and weigh flour and other ingredients
- Combine measured ingredients in mixers or blenders
- Mix, shape dough
- Set oven temperatures and bake accordingly
- Complete assigned production within the time allotted
- Retrieve ingredients and other supplies necessary for production
- Ability to monitor and/or maintain quality control standards
- Inspect products for quality during and after baking and make adjustments as necessary
- Attends to day-to-day problems and needs concerning equipment and food supplies; detects and ensures disposition of spoiled or unattractive food, defective supplies/equipment, and/or other unusual conditions
- Maintain a clean work area, utensils and equipment, a clean-as-you-go mentality
- Collaboration on new items with Head Baker
- Positive attitude and desire to learn and grow
- Strong work ethic, team player
- Ability to lift 50lb bags of flour and stand for 8 hours
- Baking experience preferred, but not required, all skill levels welcome
- Ability to do “on the fly” math
- Knowledge of food preparation and presentation methods, techniques and quality standards
- Great attention to detail
- Knowledge of sanitation principles
- Availability early mornings and weekends
- Certificate or degree in culinary arts preferred but not required, all skill levels welcome
- High school diploma or GED
- Early morning availability (30 hours per week)
- At least 18 years old with reliable transportation
Other concepts in Two For Seven include: jojo Bistro & Wine Bar, black & blue Steak and Crab, and TRATA -- The Restaurant At The Armory.
Advancement opportunities available for qualified employees.
You may apply via email by sending your resume to: safa @ villagebakeries .com
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers