dogs are OK - wooof house laundry on site no smoking off-street parking no private bath private room
QR Code Link to This Post
The Bitternut Collective House - an ecologically sustainable urban collective on the Near Westside - has openings for new housemates. We are looking for housemates who are socially aware and active, politically progressive, and willing to participate in the garden, kitchen, and house chores as a team. We are enjoy a very abundant vegetable garden. House renovations are wrapping up but ongoing (after 5 years of toil!). Single rooms are $400 (includes all utilities), shared-rooms for couples are $500. Shared food is an additional cost and averages out to ~ $35 per week). We ask for a security deposit equal to one month's rent. We take turns shopping and cooking and strive for a plant-based, ethically-sourced kitchen culture.
See photos of the house and garden on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/BitternutHomestead/
Bitternut garden-to-kitchen Instagram account: https://www.instagram.com/bitternuthomestead/
Read the Bitternut Food-Focused Mission Statement here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lbu6dJ_a4_pyyDCM3PP_FTV1VDZ5y67rFrsgTeAgoRU/edit?usp=sharing
The Bitternut house is located close to downtown, close to CENTRO and the Connective Corridor buses, close to Destiny USA, the Inner Harbor and Creekwalk Trail, and to I-81, 690 and, I-90.
Check out these intro interview questions and send us your answers if you are thinking about submitting your interest in a spot in our collective home.
1) Where do you go to school/work currently? How will you support yourself financially while a housemate? Where are you moving from, locally or from out of Syracuse? What are your current living arrangements and why are you looking for new living arrangements? How long do you plan on staying at Bitternut?
2) Have you ever lived in a collective house or Intentional Community before, and what are your questions, expectations, limits, and concerns?
3) Who would be moving in with you (if anyone)? What are your dietary preferences? We practice a plant-based shared kitchen.
4) Are you able to reside with us while construction, finish work, and general site developments are in process?
5) Please provide one housing reference and one personal reference.
6) What time period would you be looking to move in if you were accepted?
7) Are you a dog person or a cat person (Cats are not permitted due to resident allergies. Currently there is one medium-sized dog in the house.)
8) Describe your political philosophy in 3 sentences or less.
9) If you had a full day of free time, how would you most likely spend it? How do you spend your leisure time?
10) Are you a "kitchen person"? Are you a "garden person"? What do those terms mean to you? What does it mean to you to participate in the household and the social justice/ecological wisdom mission of the collective?
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers