Construction Estimator needed for a busy commercial construction company.
QR Code Link to This Post
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Work closely with Outside Project Managers to determine which projects will require formal quotations.
• Estimator must be well versed in reading plans and specifications
• Must be able to prepare a detailed and thorough projection of materials. Quotation must be concise, clear, and easily understood by our customers.
• Ability to manage addendums and communicate with pm’s and customers.
• Track upcoming projects for addition to Bid calendar.
• Understanding of rfi’s
• Ability to communicate with Consulting Engineers regarding drawing and specifications and questions.
• Develop a working relationships with customers, manufacturers, and engineers.
• Present a professional image to all outside contacts.
Experience/ Skills/ Abilities Required
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Must have prior experience with estimating with a contractor or engineer.
• Must have effective organizational skills- Including strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
• Work well in a team environment
• Customer service skills
• Time Management- Understand how to prioritize and complete work within the specified time frame.
• Basic understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• Safety orientation preferred – position may add safety manager duties
Call or apply below: