compensation: Competitive salary based on experience. employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Our company is looking for an experienced Maintenance Supervisor our 140-unit apartment community.
The Maintenance Supervisor’s primary responsibilities include the hands-on maintenance of the community, including overall inspection, repair, and general maintenance and upkeep of all areas of the community’s facilities and grounds. Additionally, he/she is the team leader among the general maintenance staff; delegating, supervising and directing the work of the department.
Prior to applying, candidates for this position should be advised that we cannot consider any individual for this position unless he or she meets the following requirements:
This a full-time position.
Consisting of a 35-hour work week, Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM. In addition to the regular working hours, the Maintenance Supervisor is required to respond to maintenance emergencies and lockouts after normal business hours every other week, Monday through the following Monday from 4:00 PM to 8:00 AM.
This is a live-in position.
The Maintenance Supervisor must live on site.
This is a position requiring a person with a strong work ethic.
* Must be service oriented and committed to providing consistently high levels of resident satisfaction;
* Must be able to maintain a professional and courteous manner with residents, visitors, contractors, and fellow employees;
* Must be dependable;
* Must take the initiative and have the motivation to get the job done;
This is a position requiring a person with specific knowledge, abilities, and experience.
* Five years (5) of property maintenance or related experience with one year or more of supervisory leadership experience
* Solid hands-on skills and knowledge of all aspects of maintenance repair and service to include electrical systems, plumbing, appliances, painting/drywall, carpentry, heating and air handling systems as well as the safe use of hand tools and hand-held power tools.
* Ability to handle multiple priorities and perform work that meets our high standards of excellence. ;
* Well-developed supervisory leadership skills acquired through several years of working experience that includes the development of lesser skilled team members;
*Must be able to diagnose problems with and repair the following:
• Basic - Intermediate plumbing
• Basic - Intermediate electrical (when no license required)
• General carpentry
• Wall repairs/painting
• Ice and snow removal
In addition, the Maintenance Supervisor must also meet the following requirements:
• Physically capable of lifting 50 pounds unassisted.
• Able to kneel and crouch and maneuver in small spaces.
• Have a current driver's license and a dependable vehicle with up to date registration and insurance.
• Agree to undergo a background check, in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations.
• Authorized to work in the United States.
• A high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
We offer a very competitive salary based on the individual’s level of experience. Additional compensation includes a rent-free apartment with paid utilities and stipends for cell phone, and mileage.
We recruit, hire and promote without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, pregnancy or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers